Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy American Thanksgiving

We've had ours already but its the Americans' turn now. Wishing all the Americans a Happy Thanksgiving. Unfortunately many will have to eat quickly and go to work as many retailers are opening Thanksgiving eve for Black Friday sales.

There are many problems in this world that need to be worked on, but Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on things you are thankful for. It is a time to reflect on the fact that if you live in north america, your life is pretty darn good compared with the rest of the world, even if you are one of the poorest.



When thinking of what I am thankful for, I like to take all the things going on I may not be happy about, and think about how it could be worse if I was in a different place, with a different situation.

What am I thankful for?

1. I'm thankful I live in a democracy, even if it means once in a while people we dont like get elected.

2. I'm thankful of the confidence present that allows us to invest in companies without fears of rampant fraud like in China, even if it sometimes means over-regulation

3. I'm thankful that I feel like I pay too much taxes, because that means I at least earned money, and am not poor at the moment. At least I don't live in Europe

4. I'm thankful of the ability to choose what I want to invest in, because in many countries in the world, investors do not have this choice, and are limited to certain types of investments

5. I'm thankful I live in Canada. You get many of the benefits of America, without many bad things about America. It is truly a nice place to live.

2 comments:

  1. Good point about paying too much tax. It's a problem many people would love to have :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. over the years i've collected data on how much taxes i actually pay. it turns out its not that much. maybe i'll write something about it. :)

    ReplyDelete