Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Hurricane Sandy! Go Away!
Day 1 of closed markets has come and gone.
- lack of open market = very productive at work
- no need to watch Fast Money = 1 hour freed up to catch up on TV shows. I watched latest Homeland and Walking Dead. both very good!!
- less business tweets flooding my twitter from various news sources, but mostly replaced by just as many Sandy tweets ... hahaha
- somewhat boring day. is it sad I get my Mon to Fri entertainment from watching investor shows?
- potentially increased volatility down the road. I'm not looking forward to Wednesday, when markets re-open, coinciding with quarter end. We could be getting a lot of pent up volatility
- lack of earnings driven reaction. From the sounds of it, tomorrow earnings will continue to be released, with or without the open market. Some companies have said they will push back earnings, but not all have.
Sandy has made everyone realize how vulnerable humans really are to mother nature. I started thinking about my food supply, and quickly realized if I lost power, there wouldn't be much I could eat, except fruit, instant noodles (uncooked) and some candy. Maybe its time to buy some emergency food supplies like jerky, granola bars, and such...
To all the east coast readers, stay safe, wherever you may be in the storm's path.
To Sandy, go away already, so life can go back to normal.
Posted by Alex at 12:35 AM